In this document the following word shall have the following meanings:
“Customer” means any person who purchases goods and services form the supplier;
“Goods” means the articles specified in the proposal;
“Proposal” means a statement of work, quotation or other similar document describing the goods and services to be provided by the supplier;
“Services” means the services specified in the Proposal;
“Supplier” means VDODILI situated at Heritage Hill Estate
“Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions of supply set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the supplier;
Our promise to you:
VDODILI have always provided the highest standards of customer service. We pride ourselves on our integrity and we promise to continue to deliver outstanding service, quality material and the finest craftsmanship.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of Goods and Services by the Supplier to the Customer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communications from the Customer.
Any variation to these Terms and Conditions shall not be applicable unless agreed in writhing by die Supplier.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prejudice any conditions or warranty, expressly or implied, or any legal remedy to which the Supplier may be entitled in relation to the Goods and Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation.
- The first consultation of one hour and preliminary design of any item will be free of charge, thereafter an hourly rate of R450 will be charged for designing.
- The Proposal (Written quotations) issued to the Customer following the placement of an order, shall remain valid for TWO days from date of issue. If VDODILI does not receive payment of the deposit within this period, it will be assumed that the order is no longer required.
- The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions by placing an order with the Supplier.
- The customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Proposal by making payment of the deposit to VDODILI
- An 80% deposit is payable upfront on all orders.
- No work will begin on the production of the Goods and Services until the deposit, as mentioned in paragraph 5 is paid, all additional information, requested by the Supplier, has been received. If the Customer fails to make payment within the prescribed period the order will be cancelled.
- To enable VDODILI to perform its obligations the Customer shall:-
- Co-operate with the Supplier;
- Provide the Supplier with any information reasonably required by the Supplier;
- Comply with such other requirements as may be set out in the Proposal or otherwise agreed between the parties.
- The date of completion is an estimate and wherever possible any unexpected delays will be communicated. VDODILI reserves the right to adjust the costs indicated on the sales order. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Completed orders will only be delivered after the full purchase price has been paid for Goods and Services. If any dispute over payment, title reverts back to the VDODILI.
- Interest will be charged on any outstanding payments.
- VDODILI warrants that the Goods and Services will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given. VDODILI will perform the Services with reasonable skill and care and to a reasonable standard in accordance with recognised standards and codes of practice.
- In the event that the Customer loses any of the Goods (diamonds or stones) after the Goods have been delivered VDODILI will not be liable for such losses. The Customer must insure that the Goods are insured when they take possession thereof.
- A Customer can request amendments or alterations to the final completed Goods, the Supplier will give the Customer a quotation for such amendments or alterations of the final completed Goods.
- For repairs only – Any reference made to characteristics or description of goods to be repaired shall be for identification only and are in no way a guarantee of quality or authenticity thereof.
- The date of completion is an estimate and wherever possible any unexpected delays will be communicated.
- VDODILI reserves the right to adjust the costs indicated on the repair order.
- Goods not collected within sixty days may be sold to defray costs.
- Although all reasonable precautions are taken to prevent loss or damage it remains the responsibility of the Customer to have the Goods insured. Neither the Supplier nor any staff member shall be liable for any loss suffered.
- VDODILI reserve the right to return the item undone should the repair not be viable.
- Damage as a result of heavy wear or substandard stones are not guaranteed. This is usually indicated by dents or scratches on the gold.
- We recommend you have all settings inspected every six months.
- Warranties shall be null and void should any other jeweller repair or modify an Goods purchased from VDODILI.
If any terms or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of South Africa and the parties herby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Pretoria Magistrates Court.
*All Cash or Cheque deposits will be charged a fee of 4.0% (excl. VAT). We urge all clients to pay via EFT only.
*Manufacturing takes 15 – 20 working days and will commence once a minimum deposit of 80% is received.
*If you need the jewellery to be delivered after completion, there will be an additional courier charge.
*Should your product be worth more than R20 000 – we strongly recommend collection at our premises instead of sending the goods via courier.
*Due to the volatility of the ZAR / US$ exchange rate, we can only guarantee pricing for a very limited time. Any delays experienced in receiving the deposit could impact on fixing stone or metal prices which are all US$ based.
*We regret that there will be no refunds, returns or exchanges on any items bought on sale. We do clear goods from time to time to buy new stock and would like to afford all good paying customers an opportunity to take advantage of these sales.
*We regret that there will be no refunds, returns or exchanges on any custom orders
*Should there be any design changes following the approval by you of your design and giving us the “production go ahead”, it will result in additional costs which will be for your account.
Should you decide not to go ahead with the production of your project we reserve the right to recover costs incurred related to your project from your deposit including but not limited to design, stones, consumables, etc.
Should Vdodili at any time decide that it cannot meet the client’s expectations or the project due to any reason is no longer viable we reserve the right to cancel the project and recover certain fees including but not limited to consulting time, design work, stones and consumables from the deposit.